Although Microsoft Outlook is one of the most preferred and finest email clients globally. Some other email clients are also available there but they are used by few numbers of users and Windows Live Mail is one of them. Windows Live Mail client saves user emails and information in EML files format while MS Outlook saves in PST file format, Therefore, emails created in different programs are not synchronized automatically. Here we tell you how can you export your EML email files from Windows Live Mail to MS Outlook.
Make sure before you start the process of exporting EML files to PST files you need to install MS Outlook in your system and login with your profile.
Follow these steps carefully to export your emails from Windows Live Mail EML files to Microsoft Outlook PST files.
1. First of all Open both Window Live Mail and Outlook.
2. In Windows Live Mail window click on the File menu, then choose Export and now select Email Messages.
3. The after choosing the format Microsoft Exchange and now click OK.
4. A pop-up message window will appear saying emails will be exported to MS Outlook or Microsoft Exchange, then after clicking on OK.
5. Choose the folder where you want to export or save the file and click on OK.
6. Now Click on Finish Button.
Note: The time taken in the whole process of exporting emails depends on the quantity of the emails you want to export.
How to Import Contacts in Outlook from Windows Live Mail
1. Go to Contact in Windows Live Mail and click on Export and choose CSV (Comma Separated Values).
2. On CSV export window Click on browse and choose a folder on the desktop.
3. Save the file as WLMContacts and click on Save button.
4. Click Next to select fields and click on Finish.
5. Now open MS Outlook.
6. Go to Contact and click on File, then Click on Open and click on Import.
7. Now choose the option “Import from another file or program” then click on Next.
8. Select CSV (Comma Separated Values).
9. Browse the WLMContacts file from the desktop folder and click on Open to Import.
10. Click on Next and at last Click on Finish.
This is the whole process of “How to export Emails and Contacts files from Windows Live Mail to MS Outlook”. I hope you understand and it will help you to export emails and contact from other email clients.
If you still facing the problem then you can try this Regain EML to PST Converter software. This tool convert your emails in just few clicks.