Last Updated on December 31, 2020 by admin
Whether it is windows or Mac, it does not matter, because MS Outlook has always been the most popular choice for users. The data items stored by users on Outlook on Mac is known as OLM (Outlook for Mac), whereas MBOX is a file format that can be used by user on several email clients. An MBOX file is an email mailbox that stores all the emails and messages in a single text file in organized way.
Users want to convert OLM file to MBOX because it is a universal format that can be used on both operating system (Windows or Mac). There are numerous manual methods available to help users convert OLM to MBOX. Below, we have mentioned two of them.
Different Methods to convert OLM file to MBOX
Method 1: Using Microsoft Outlook
- First open web browser → enter Gmail in the address bar
- Visit Settings → select Forwarding and POP/IMAP option
- Now, enable IMAP and save the changes
- Open Microsoft Outlook in Mac and go to the Tools menu.
- Now, choose Accounts option and then Email
- Type your credentials and then configure IMAP server
- Now go to the emails and select the items needed for conversion
- Move the selected emails to folder by hitting right-click on the button
- Now, open Control Panel, go to the Mail and open an Email account
- Now, select New option and give appropriate settings
- This will setup Windows Outlook with the IMAP Account
- Now you can create a PST file using Import/Export option
- This PST file can be easily converted to MBOX using any automated PST to MBOX Converter tool.
Method 2: Use Automated Solution to Convert OLM File to MBOX
OLM Converter is the software that helps you to convert OLM to MBOX file or other file formats like MBOX, PST, EML, MSG, EMLX, vCal, and vCard format. It also helps to export OLM to Office 365 and Live Exchange Server directly without any data alteration. The software provides selective conversion of OLM files which in turn reduce the time to convert important files to multiple MBOX supported email clients.
Steps to follow convert OLM to MBOX
Open OLM to PST Converter Tool; after that add Mac Outlook OLM files for conversion.
Select your OLM file from your computer system using the Add File button.
Soon after that, the software will start scanning your OLM files, wait for a moment.
After scanning you can easily check the files & previews the mailboxes of the OLM file before converting them into MBOX.
Choose the destination location to save the resultant OLM file and then convert it to the MBOX file format by clicking on Save as MBOX.
Press the “Save” button and file saved successfully.
Let’s take a look at some features of this OLM to PST converter, listed below:
- Easy to perform conversion of Mac Outlook OLM files into MBOX, PST, EML, MSG, EMLX, vCal, vCard format
- Effortlessly convert corrupt OLM files into multiple MBOX supported email clients
- Embedded with Auto-search feature to find the OLM files automatically on your PC/Computer
- Shows instant preview of selected OLM files before beginning the actual OLM conversion
- Allows you to convert OLM files content into a new file with a specific date range
- Perform the conversion of all the listed data into an desired file at user-defined location
- Creates LOG file of Outlook for Mac to Outlook for Windows conversion process in text format
- Allows users to evaluate performance & capability with its free OLM to PST converter version
- Directly import OLM files to Office 365 & Live Exchange Server
- Supports MS Outlook 20007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 for Windows (32 and 64 Bit)