It is well known by the users that Outlook 2007 is not compatible with Office 365. The prime reason behind this is that support for Outlook 2007 is in ‘extended phase’ which literally defines that Microsoft will not provide the latest bug fix feature but only security feature will be provided.
However if the user of Outlook 2007 wants to connect to Office 365 than he has to make use of Autodiscover to automatically execute settings in Exchange Server. If the autodiscover does not work properly than a manual methods can be used by the user to configure Outlook 2007 with Office 365.
• Go to Control Panel and Click Mail.
• Now Click on Show Profile and type the desired file name and Click on Add
• Now Select the profile to be used by Outlook and Click OK.
• Next you have to select the Manually Configure Setting or Additional Server check box then to click OK.
• Choose Microsoft Exchange followed by next.
• Write Mailbox Server name in Server Box.
• Cross check whether you have Chosen the ‘Use Cache Exchange Mode’ option
• Type in User Name and go to More Setting
• Choose Connection tab.
• Recheck and make sure that you have selected to Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP check box and click on Exchange Proxy Setting.
• Now Enter the Proxy Server URL obtained in the previous step in Use this URL to Connect.
• Make sure that you have selected only connect to proxy server and enter msstd: outlook.com
• After this select on fast network connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP check box, now select on slow network and then connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP check box
• Now Select Basic Authentication under Proxy Authentication Settings
Next click OK twice
• Click on check and check the Server Name and User Name and Click Next.
• Click Finish tab.
To configure Outlook 2007 with Office 365 user can follow the above mentioned steps without going for any other alternate solution or third party tool. Thus, user can easily configure his Outlook 2007 with minimum system requirement.
If any user wants to use Office 365 account with Outlook 2007 than make sure that your Outlook 2007 is updated up to date and making it sure that autodiscover service has been executed and other than the complete manual process has been explained in a simple way with some screenshots to configure Outlook 2007 with Office 365.
If you still hasitate to use manual process of Outlook PST to Office 365 account, I would suggest you to use Regain PST to Office 365 software, this tool export your emails in just few easy steps without harming any file or data. Anyone can use this tool, No skill is reqired to access this application.