HOW TO FIX “UNABLE TO OPEN OUTLOOK ATTACHMENT” ISSUE?
Sometimes Microsoft Outlook users come across a popup message during the opening or saving of the Outlook attachment due to which the users are unable to access the Outlook attachments or Outlook files. Popup message as shown below
CAUSES OF THIS ERROR
Some of the causes of common error are mentioned below:
- Sometimes when user is unable to access the web temporary file maintained on the server
This kind of error is mostly seen when the sub folder containing the temporary files is unable to store more files in it means the storage is full.
- Sometimes due to default security protocols, Outlook restricts the opening or saving of the file as that file can cause severe effect on the system files or user database. Thus the outlook file gets locked by displaying the above mentioned errors.
- When user tries to open Crashed or inaccessible files.
- When one file is launched by the user couple of times the temporary file folder stocks the same file name many times. So, there comes a situation when the temporary folder cannot store the more files of same name. Due to which the temporary location displays the above mentioned error.
Know How to Fix this Error
1) WHEN THE ERROR IS CAUSED BY TEMPORARY INTERNET FOLDER
- From Start button Click RUN Option
- REGEDIT.EXE will be shown, then Edit and opt Browse
- Type OutlookSecureTempFolder in Dialogue Box
- Find the actual file/folder Location
- Now at “Run” Command type the Location of file
- The folder will be automatically opened and Delete all the files
- Now Restart your Browser and try to Open your Outlook attachment/file/folder which you were unable to access earlier.
2) WHEN THE ERROR IS OCCUR DUE TO DEFAULT SECURITY PROTOCOL
If the error occur due to security protocols than the security protocols has to be changed by the user in Outlook registry. Steps of changing the security protocols depend on the version of Windows. We have explained the steps in WINDOWS XP & LATEST WINDOWS 10.
STEPS IN WINDOW XP
- Open RUN Command
- Type the below mentioned Command and Click Ok.
- In the page appeared Click Create a restore point and then Click on Next.
- Now Select the Destination of the new file and Click Create then click Close.
- Again Repeat the same task as mentioned in Step 1,2 and 3.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time option and Click Next.
- In the next page appeared Select the system checkpoint. In the list appeared Select guided help (Registry Backup) and Click on Next.
- System Restoration message will popup listing the various changes made click OK. Next the confirmation page appears click Next and OK button.
STEPS INVOLVED IN WINDOWS 10
- Open RUN Command and type REGEDIT.EXE
- Type Confirmation Password if Required
- Trace the Registry Key that you need to Modify
- Then click on “File Menu” option and Click on ‘Export’
- In file registry box type the location where you want to export the backup files and then click OK.
By following the above mentioned steps the user can export his Outlook attachments. Though the steps discussed are in detail but If the user is still unable to access the attachments or file after following the steps or has fear of losing his data than user can use our Regain Outlook PST Recovery tool. This tool eleminates all errors in just few clicks and you will now be able to open your Outlook Attachment files.