Office 365 is witnessing a significant growth as a cloud-based platform. This Microsoft tool is well regarded when it comes to its features. This tool is easy to access, secure and support for different devices. With Office 365, you can use different Office apps from any part of the world. Simply login to your account and you can start using Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and other office apps. A lot of OLM users are migrating to Office 365 and you have to convert OLM to Office 365 application to do so. Here are some of the steps for MAC Emails to Office 365 migration.
- OLM to PST file conversion
- Export PST to Office 365 Mailbox
First method is free for OLM to PST file conversion. Here are some of the steps mentioned below –
OLM to PST Conversion for free
You should have active Outlook accounts for Mac, one IMAP email account like Gmail and Outlook for Windows. You cannot export OLM files directly to move them with IMAP account.
- First of all, create an account on Gmail.
- Go to Settings > Forwarding POP/IMAP tab and click “Enable IMAP”
- Login to Outlook for Mac and add this account by going to Account>Email>Add Account.
- Login to Gmail and create new label. Check “Show in IMAP” option.
- Login to MS Outlook for Windows and add the Gmail account.
- Go to Outlook for Mac and add files in Gmail folder
- Login to MS Outlook, click “Send/Receive” button and refresh account
- You will have all OLM files in Gmail folder in Outlook for Windows.
Now you have converted OLM files into PST. Next up, you need to export PST to Office 365 Mailbox.
PST to Office 365 Import
One thing you should keep in mind is that Outlook can support Office 365 mailboxes. The O365 Global admin can do the mapping of accounts and folders between Office 365 and MS Outlook. So, you can start migration process as mentioned below –
- Open MS Outlook and click File.
- Go to Open & Export and click “Import/Export”.
- It will open a new window. Select “Import from another file or program”.
- Select Outlook Data file (PST) option.
- Click “Browse” button and import PST file.
- Select items and click “Next” to Proceed.
- Select “Import items to same folder in” in next window.
- Select Office 365 mailbox account on dropdown menu
- Click “Finish” to start the process of migration
- It will export the data to Office 365 migration
- Now you need to login to your account on Office 365 and check the selected folder when migrating. It will have all PST items added from OLM.
So these were the manual methods to move OLM to Office 365 for free. It consists of a lot of accounts and process of file migration. So, there might be a risk of losing data. If you want to import large amount of data, it is better to use Regain OLM to PST converter. It has option to import files to your Office 365 mailbox. All you need to select the option Office 365 and login with details. It will import all the data to O365 mailboxes.